Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What I learned from Week 2 Assignments
The assignments in week two were very helpful to me.  Before these assignments, I found out what action research is, but I had no idea how to choose a topic.  The administrator's nine categories of wondering that I read in Dana's Leading with Passion and Knowledge helped me see what administrators would like to get answered through action plans.  This provided a starting point for my wonderings.  I then viewed the videos from scholar practitioners which helped me dig even deeper into my wonderings as well as get good advice on how to conduct an action plan.  They spoke about using data and others to help in my research. My classmates' posts on the blackboard was very helpful as well because we were able to bounce ideas off of each other, and finally, speaking with my site supervisor helped me narrow my wonderings down to the one topic that I will conduct an action research on.  She talked to me about the advantages and disadvantages in each one of my topics.  I also learned how important it is to our learning community to conduct action research.  Action research will help all participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment